- 1 oz butter
- 3 oz pork lardons
- 16 Parisian button mushrooms
- 16 pearl onions
- 1 1/4 lb turkey breast
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 cleaned chicken livers
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In large stewpot, melt butter, add lardons, mushrooms and onions.
- Add diced turkey and gently brown for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour in red wine, maple syrup and vinegar, season.
- Cook in the oven at 190 °C (375 °F) for 10 minutes, then add cranberries and cook for another 45 to 55 minutes.
- Strain the cooking sauces, then take 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the sauce and mix with the chicken livers using a blender. Season sauce once again and pour over the meat before reheating it.
- Serve in the pot or on a large serving platter.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!