Maple Syrup Spare Ribs
Pork / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 2.2 lbs spare ribs
- 2 cups maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- Tabasco or chilli peppers, to taste
- Fill a large casserole with salted cold water and boil the ribs for 45 minutes. Set aside.
- In another casserole, mix maple syrup with ginger, soya sauce, garlic, sesame oil and Tabasco (or chilli peppers) and boil for 5 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Drain ribs from the casserole pot, pat dry and baste with the maple sauce. Reduce barbecue to low and grill ribs for 6 minutes on each side.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!