- Oil (for the pan)
- 2 blocks (1 lb each) medium tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tbsp steak spices
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup home-made or store-bought tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup maple butter
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F). Oil a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the tomato sauce and maple butter. Place mixture into loaf pan and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the tomato sauce and maple butter. Spoon over the tofu loaf and put in oven to bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Serve tofu loaf hot or cold as a main course or in a sandwich.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!