- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fruit purée
- Whisk cream, maple syrup and egg yolks in a bowl.
- Pour this cream into an ice cream maker and turn on for 30 minutes. If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour the cream into a freezer dish, freeze for 4 hours, then pour into a food processor to make it smooth and creamy.
- Divide the ice cream into three equal parts, in separate bowls.
- Combine the cocoa powder and oil until smooth. In the first bowl, add this cocoa paste and mix well to obtain a chocolate ice cream.
- In the second bowl, combine the fruit purée and the ice cream. No need to flavour the ice cream of the third bowl.
- Freeze for 2 additional hours.
- Pour the 3 colored ice creams into a container, avoiding mixing colors. Store in the freezer.
Freezing time: 2 hours (or 6 hours without ice-cream maker)
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!