- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb red onion, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Golden raisins
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and then add the onions.
- When the onions are translucent, stir in the maple syrup and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and the dried fruit, then simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cool before pouring into an airtight container.
- Refrigerate for 4 weeks.
Serve as a condiment with meat, pâté or cheese.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!