- 8 oz sashimi-grade kanpachi (greater Amberjack)
- 1/2 Florence fennel
- 6 baby tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- Mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (Golden)
- Salt pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel the skin and pith off the lemon and lime, remove the flesh, and soak in maple syrup (or you can sprinkle with maple sugar).
- Cut the kanpachi (greater Amberjack) on an angle into thin slices.
- Thinly slice the fennel. Remove the stems from the tomatoes, cut lengthwise into quarters, and remove the seeds.
- Put the fennel, lemon and lime on a plate, top with kanpachi slices, chive and parsley, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat this to form layers, top with plenty of mint and chervil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over the salad in a circular motion.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!