- 16 oz firm tofu, chopped into small cubes
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 c. à thé fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 c. à thé sesame oil
- 2 c. à thé Sriracha sauce
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 9 oz rice vermicelli
- 1 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 - 6 cups your choice of vegetables (onions, carrots, broccoli, celery, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.), sliced thinly.
- In a large bowl, flour the tofu cubes.
- In a large wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and fry until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on absorbent paper to drain.
- In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook vermicelli according to package instructions. Drain.
- While the vermicelli cooks, heat oil over medium-high in the wok. Sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes, or to desired tenderness. Add the tofu and fry another minute.
- Now add the sauce to your tofu-vegetable mixture, coating all ingredients well.
- When ready to serve, put a portion of vermicelli into the bottom of each bowl and top with the tofu-veggie mixture.
For before or after exercise
Nutritional Value per Serving
Calories: 680 kcal
Fat: 34 g
Carbohydrates: 73 g
Fibre: 4 g
Protein: 19 g
PREPARATION TIME: 25-30
COOKING TIME: 12-15
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!