- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and cut in wedges
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Arrange apple slices in bottom of an ungreased 23-cm (9-in) round or square pan.
- In a large bowl, whip the maple sugar into the softened butter.
- Stir in eggs one by one, beating well.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl (or measuring cup), mix the milk and vanilla.
- Add one-third of the flour to the egg mixture, then half the milk and mix well. Add another third of the flour and the rest of the milk and mix. Mix in the rest of the flour.
- Spread the dough over the apples. Place in oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, maple sugar, and cream in a small saucepan. Heat to dissolve the sugar and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce is smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in its pan 10 – 15 minutes. Then turn it over onto your serving dish. Decorate with sauce on top and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!