- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 veal cutlets, about 170 g (6 oz) each
- 4 lemon slices
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a bowl, mix maple syrup, lemon juice, shallot, salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, warm butter and oil. Sear cutlets about 1 minute per side. Pour reserved sauce over meat and cook 2 more.
- Transfer cutlets to individual dinner plates. Decorate with lemon and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with seasonal veggies, if desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!