- 1/3 lb buckwheat (soba) noodles
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame beans
- 1 teaspoon tsp. olive oil
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into small florets, stems diced
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into half-moons
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili paste (like sambal oelek)
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat and cook noodles according to package directions.
- About 4 minutes before the end of cooking, add the edamame beans. Drain and add the oil (to prevent the noodles from sticking together). Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, beans, carrot, pepper, broccoli, cucumbers, green onions, and cilantro.
- Put all the vinaigrette ingredients into a small container with a lid. Seal tightly and shake well.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!