- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 1/3 cup maple butter
- 1 egg
- Butter or margarine (for baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter a square 20-cm (8-in) Pyrex baking dish.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt maple butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add dry mixture to the saucepan and stir well until all ingredients are well-coated.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Add a little of the hot mixture to warm egg, then pour back into saucepan, mixing well.
- Press mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until top is slightly Golden. Let cool before cutting into bars.
After an intense workout, you need to help your body recuperate. Go for a mix of carbohydrates and protein and consume it as soon as possible after exercise. This delicious and refreshing smoothie is bright in both flavour and appearance! It provides all the necessary nutrients to repair tissue and replenish energy for your next session. Per 500 ml serving: 220 calories; 11 g protein; 1.5 g fat; 48 g carbohydrates; 6 g fibre.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!