Preparing the dough
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 cup maple taffy
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Maple butter cream
- 1 pack of 250 g (8,8 oz) soft cream cheese
- 1/4 cup maple butter
- 1 pinch of fine salt
- 1 cup cranberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream maple taffy and butter. Add egg and vanilla, then beat another 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and fold in with a spatula. Set aside.
- Mix maple sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl, then set aside.
- Form little balls of dough of about 4 cm (1 1/2 in). Roll them in the maple sugar and cinnamon mixture. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool on a rack.
- For the cream, using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, maple butter and salt.
- Spread half of cooled cookies with cranberry jam and the other half with maple butter cream.
- Stick the two halves together. Decorate as desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!