Maple Apple-Plum-Blueberry Compote
Recipes with Maple Sugar / Recipes with Maple Vinegar / Vegetables
Created by Stéphanie Côté Nutritionist
Featuring Maple Sugar
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple vinegar
- 4 cups apples (Paulared, Melba, or McIntosh), peeled and chopped
- 2 lb plums, pitted and chopped
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp essence of sweet clover or vanilla extract
- Combine maple sugar and maple vinegar in a large saucepan. Cut the fruits and add them to the pot as you go (to prevent browning).
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, execute the steps in the “Method for Preparing Jars and Lids,” found here.
- Use an electric mixer or blender to purée the fruit to the desired texture.
- Fill the 4 still-hot, sterilized jars up to 4 cm (1 1/2 in) from the top. Use a non-metallic utensil to release air bubbles.
- Follow Steps 1 – 6 of the “Canning Method,” found here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!