- 4 big Cortland or Empire apples
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced (with extra to butter pan)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Cut apples in two (horizontally) and remove core with a melon baller.
- In a bowl, mix together maple sugar, butter and salt to form a soft paste.
- Arrange 4 cored half-apples in a buttered ovenproof dish. Pour maple paste in their cavities and smother in maple syrup.
- Cover with remaining half-apples to recreate apple shapes and bake around 35 minutes, or until apples are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving with a scoop of ice cream.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!