- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 Generous pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cold butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 medium beet, peeled and grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, oats, salt, baking powder and maple sugar), then incorporate butter with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and form dough into a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, flatten dough ball into a pancake shape, around 20-cm (8-in) in diameter, then cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake 30 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!