- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, sliced very thinly
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 10 green cardamom pods
- 5 cloves
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup black tea leaves (Darjeeling, Orange Pekoe, etc.)
- 1/4 cup maple flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 120° C (250° F).
- Spread the ginger slices on a baking sheet and put in the oven for about an hour or until they have dried completely. Let cool.
- In a mortar, roughly crush the cinnamon pieces, cardamom pods, cloves, and peppercorns. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add your dried ginger, the tea, and maple flakes.
MAPLE-FLAKES CHAI TEA
- Put 8 g (4 tsp) of your chai mix into an infusion ball or teapot.
- Pour in 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) boiling water or maple water.
- Infuse 5 – 7 minutes. Enjoy!
MAPLE-FLAKES CHAI TEA LATTÉ
- Put 8 g (4 tsp) chai mix into an infusion ball or teapot.
- Pour in 250 ml (1 cup) boiling water or maple water along with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the hot milk of your choice.
- Infuse 5 – 7 minutes. And enjoy!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!