- 2 or 3 large pink grapefruits (about 900 g/2 lb)
- 2 cups maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- Use a small sharp knife to peel the raw grapefruits, removing the outside peel and white membrane, leaving only the flesh.
- Thinly slice or chop the peels.
- In a medium saucepan, cover the peels with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. Repeat this process once or twice more. The objective is to reduce bitterness. Reserve.
- Cut the flesh of the grapefruits into cubes.
- Return peels to the pan along with the flesh, the maple syrup, and the lime juice. Simmer over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Add the lime zest and simmer another 20 minutes.
- Put into containers.
QUANTITY: 1 litre (4 cups)
Consider this lovely marmalade as a charming take-home gift for dear guests any time of the year.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!