- 8 1/3 cups zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 white onion, minced
- 1/4 cup pickling salt
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1/3 cup maple vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the zucchini, onion, and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, perform the steps in the “Method for Preparing Jars and Lids,” found here.
- Drain the zucchini and onion in a colander, and rinse thoroughly under running water. Squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Return to the large bowl and add the ginger.
- Distribute mixture among the hot, sterilized jars to about 2 cm (7/8 in) from their tops.
- Add the vinegars, water, maple syrup, curry powder, and turmeric to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour this hot pickling liquid to cover the vegetables and come to 1 cm (3/8 in) from the tops of the jars. Use a non-metallic utensil to release air bubbles.
- Follow Steps 1 – 6 of the “Canning Method,” found here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!