- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 300-g coconut silken tofu
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1/4 cup skimmed milk
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a bowl, combine both flours, the maple sugar and oats. Add the margarine and vanilla, then use two knives to cut the fat into the flour until crumbly.
- Spread this mixture in the bottom of a 33×23-cm (13×9-inch) baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten and press down on the surface with your hands. Bake for about 15 minutes or until it starts to turn golden.
- In the meantime, use a mixer to beat the eggs, tofu, maple syrup and milk together until smooth.
- Spread the strawberry slices over the crust and pour the tofu mixture on top.
- Continue cooking for about 35 minutes or until the top turns golden. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Is your day work work work, then a workout? These granola bars are a great snack at the end of the work day, 60 minutes before your workout. They provide complex carbohydrates along with protein and fibre to give you the stamina you need. This recipe is also a delicious way to introduce tofu to your children! Per bar: 179 calories; 4 g protein; 8 g fat; 22 g carbohydrates;3 g fibre.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!