- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup, for its rich flavour)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper, to taste
- Cook Brussels sprouts 2 minutes in boiling, salted water. Cool under cold running water (or in a bowl of ice water) to stop cooking. Cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- Pour canola oil into a skillet over medium-high heat and introduce the Brussels sprouts, cut sides down. Brown, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup, cider vinegar, and cranberries, and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve immediately.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!