- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup chopped leeks
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup 15% cream
- 4 oz of chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- In a frying pan, melt 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter over medium heat and gently saute the leeks for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and cook until the leeks are well coated in the maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and season generously.
- Melt 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter in a large pan, pour in half the egg mixture and cook over low heat.
- When the omelette is almost done, put half the leek mixture, 60 g (2 oz) of chopped prosciutto and 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of basil onto half of the omelette, fold in half and cool to your preferred doneness.
- Follow these steps for the 2nd omelette.
- Serve the omelettes with a green salad or fresh fruit.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!