- 2 gelatin sheets
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons 35% whipping cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- Soften gelatin in a little cold water and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt maple sugar dry until sugar turns a nice light caramel colour.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in butter, mixing well.
- Add cream and return saucepan to low heat. Heat until it reads 104 °C (220 °F) on a candy thermometer.
- Pour icing into a bowl, add softened gelatin sheets and salt, then mix well. Cover and let set in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- Gently heat icing and spread over cake with an angled spatula as required.
Makes: enough for 1 cake (25 cm /10 in).
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!