- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of chilli sauce or 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of vinegar
- 1 packet of prepared demi-glace sauce (or 1 can of brown sauce)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a casserole on medium heat.
- Sauté the onions gently until they become transparent (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add maple syrup and demi-glace (or brown) sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer to reduce by half.
- Add the chilli sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve with your favourite meat dishes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!