- 8 oz chicken or duck liver, trimmed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups mesclun
- 1/2 cup maple popcorn
- In a large frying pan, sauté chicken livers and shallots in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with maple syrup and caramelize for 2. Remove from heat, add cider vinegar and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mesclun among 4 plates, add maple chicken livers and sprinkle popcorn on top.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!