- 4 cups quinoa
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 oz fresh chestnuts (or canned), roughly chopped
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a strainer, rinse quinoa under running water, and transfer into a large casserole.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt butter over high heat, add chestnuts, mushrooms and maple syrup, and sauté for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reduce heat, cook for 2 before adding to quinoa. Serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!