- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, homemade or canned, drained well
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 8 slices of white (or wheat) bread
- Combine all the ingredients except bread in a food processor, then blend a few seconds.
- Spread on bread and cut into wedges. Enjoy right away!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!