- 4 sesame bagels, about 8 cm (3 in) diameter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably very dark syrup for its strong flavour)
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- Cut bagels into 3 mm (1/8 in) thick slices.
- Coat with oil, maple syrup and maple sugar.
- Place slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 190 °C (375 °F) for 10 to 12, then broil 1 minute. Watch carefully to prevent them from burning!
This simple, crispy snack is great before a workout. One serving contains both simple and complex carbohydrates, some protein and very little fat. Not to mention the irresistible sesame and delicate maple flavour combination. For variety, add whatever herbs you like, such as rosemary or thyme. Delicious and full of the energy you need to power up! Per serving of 1 bagel: 250 calories; 7 g protein; 4 g fat; 45 g carbohydrates; 2 g fibre.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!