Maple Beef “Gravlax”
Recipes with Maple Flakes / Recipes with Maple Sugar / Recipes with Maple Syrup / Starters
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1 A pinch of ground cloves
- 1 lb trimmed beef tenderloin (ask your butcher)
Cream of horseradish with maple
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1 cup 35% cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup maple flakes
- Fresh fines herbes (chives, mint, parsley, oregano), to taste
- In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Pour into a large freezer bag and add the beef tenderloin. Refrigerate and leave to marinate for 36 hours, turning several times.
- Wipe off the marinated beef. Cut into cubes, approximately 1.25 cm (1/2 in) thick. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cream of horseradish.
- Before serving, sprinkle the maple flakes and fines herbes over the beef. Serve with the cream of horseradish.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!