- 1/4 cup maple butter
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 package of store bought Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 10 breakfast sausages
- Currants for the eyes
- Strips of red bell pepper for the tongue
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C (350 °F).
- Mix maple butter and mustard in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Unroll the dough on the work surface and divide into strips.
- Wrap each sausage in a dough strip and brush with the maple mixture. The remaining sauce can be used to dip snakes. Arrange the 10 snakes on a large baking sheet.
- For the head of each snake, use the currants for the eyes and add a strip of red bell pepper for the tongue.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve right away.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!