Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches
Recipes with Maple Syrup / Sandwiches / Turkey
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 lbs turkey (legs or breasts, with bones and skin)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bottle of dark ale
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 20 bread rolls
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C (325 °F).
- In a large oven-proof casserole dish, heat the olive oil over medium heat and brown the turkey pieces for about 3 minutes per side. Add the onion and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except the bread), then add to the casserole dish. Cover and bring to the boil, then bake for 3 hours.
- Leave to cool before removing the turkey pieces from the dish. Remove the skin, de-bone then shred the meat with a fork. Set the shredded turkey aside.
- Remove the fat from the meat juices using a spoon, then return the pulled turkey to the casserole dish. Mix together well and reheat for about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Fill the bread rolls with meat and place on a baking sheet, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!