Maple – Sweet Potato Bread for Athletes
Bread / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Created by Hugo Houle Professional Cyclist
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup, for its robust flavour)
- 1 cup Greek yogourt
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, grated
- 1 tsp orange zest, grated
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice (raisins, cranberries, apricots, dates, etc.)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat or half and half
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Place rack in centre position of oven and preheat to 180° C (350° F).
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Butter the ends not covered by the paper.
- Put the egg, vegetable oil, maple syrup, and yogourt into a bowl and whisk. Add the sweet potato, orange zest, oats, and dried fruit. Mix well and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg in another bowl.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just moistened. Pour this batter into your pan.
- Bake 50 – 60 minutes or until knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan, then leave to fully cool on a rack.
*YIELD: 1 loaf; 12 slices
RESTING TIME: 20 minutes
KEEPS FOR: 1 week in the fridge. To freeze, cut first and take each slice out, as desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!