- 1/2 cup hot espresso coffee
- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup liqueur (like Triple Sec or Amaretto)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 475-g (17 oz) tubs of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ladyfinger cookies, broken in half
- 1/2 cup walnuts, grilled and chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple sugar (or maple flakes)
- In a bowl, mix together the espresso and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the maple syrup, then add the liqueur and dried fruit. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl, beat the mascarpone, egg yolks, vanilla and remaining maple syrup. Then, carefully fold into the egg whites using a spatula.
- Place 6 cookies at the bottom of a 3-L (12-cup) glass dish, then pour half of the dried fruit and coffee mixture evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle half of the nuts and spread half of the mascarpone filling on top. Repeat to create a second layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, then sprinkle with cocoa and maple sugar before serving.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!