- 1 1/2 lb of lean ground veal
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Freashly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can (450 ml or 14 oz) of sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 2 pinches of savory
- Mix veal, rice, egg, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape into croquettes, 2.5 cm (1 in) in diameter. Gently brown the meatballs in a non-stick pan.
- Put the meatballs in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Drain the peaches and reserve the juice 125 ml (1/2 cup). Dilute the juice with water or stock.
- In the same pan that you used to brown the meatballs, mix all of the sauce ingredients, including the peaches and juice mixture, and bring to a boil.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and cover.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 °C (350 °F).
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!