- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup regular bread crumbs or panko
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mayonnaise, for the dip
- Extra maple syrup, for the dip
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Spread flour on a plate. In another plate, mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Wash zucchinis and cut tips. Cut into sticks (fries). Dip the sticks into the flour, then into the beaten egg and finally into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Align the zucchini sticks on the baking sheet. Pour over a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake the fries in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix equal amounts of mayonnaise and maple syrup. Serve the zucchini fries with this dipping sauce.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!