- 4 Anjou or Bartlett pears, peeled
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 cups NAPSI-certified maple water
- Use a melon baller to core each pear through the bottom so it remains whole.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring maple water to a boil. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Stand pears in simmering maple water and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or until the tip of a knife can be inserted easily.
- Remove from heat, let cool, then refrigerate pears in poaching liquid until chilled (about 2 hours).
- Remove pears from liquid. In a saucepan, reduce maple water over high heat until syrupy.
- Serve pears with syrup (warmed or chilled) poured over top.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!