- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or other butter such as almond or hazelnut)
- 1/2 cup pure maple butter
- 1 - 2 tsp instant coffee (or pre-infused espresso)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup ground hazelnuts (filberts)
- 2 tbsp whole hazelnuts to garnish
- Line a square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large microsafe bowl, blend maple and peanut butters, then microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, dilute the instant coffee in the hot water. Add the quick oats and ground hazelnuts. Mix together.
- Combine this with the maple and peanut butter mixture, and use your hands to knead them together. Spread out in the pan, pressing down hard with your hands or the back of a fork.
- Sprinkle with the whole hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate 3 – 4 hours, and then cut into bars.
For before or after exercise
Nutritional Value per Serving
Calories: 250 kcal
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fibre: 4 g
Protein: 6 g
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!