- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup candied orange peel, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Sift together the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the eggs and the maple sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and beat slightly before adding the dry ingredients and the candied orange.
- Liberally butter a madeleine pan and fill each well three-quarters full with batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Unmould immediately after removing from the oven.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!