- 1 cup of Spanish onions finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of white wine or cider
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pork chops of 150 g (5 oz) each
- In a saucepan, caramelize the onions in oil and butter on low heat.
- Deglaze pan with wine or cider and reduce to half.
- Add the maple syrup and season to taste.
- Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Grill pork chops and serve with the onion jam.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!