- 1 pork tenderloin of natural pork
- 1 1/2 cup strong cider
- 2 medium onions, chopped in quarter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 large parsnip peeled, cut in half or in four, lengthwise
- 1 carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled, sliced
- 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons 35% or 15% cream (according to preference)
- traditional mustard
- Salt to taste
- 1 bouquet garni (a sprig of thyme, a bay leaf, leek stalks, parsley to taste and 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) coarsely ground white peppercorns)
- Marinate the fillets in the cider for 12 hours along with the onions.
- Place all the ingredients for the bouquet garni in a coffee filter, tie up, and add to the marinade.
- Strain the fillets. Put the marinade, onions and garlic to one side.
- In a 3-L (12-cup) pot or larger, heat the oil and butter. Sear the fillets on all sides and season with salt.
- Pour over the maple syrup and caramelize well.
- Deglaze the pot with the leftover marinade, onions and garlic. Bring to the boil.
- Cover the pot and gently simmer for about fifteen minutes with the bouquet garni.
- Chop the vegetables and add to the pot. Cook for about 40 minutes or until done.
- Add the butter and reduce the sauce by a third. Thicken if necessary. Add the mustard at the last minute.
Marinade time : 12h
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!