- 3 lbs pork spare ribs
- 8 cups Pure maple water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- In a large pot, cover spare ribs with maple water and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, skimming foam. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour. Remove from heat and let cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F) with rack on the centre shelf.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Remove spare ribs from maple water and lay them on the baking sheets.
- Skim fat from maple water and reduce over high heat in a saucepan until syrupy. Add soy sauce and chili sauce.
- Baste ribs with syrup and roast for 20 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!