Vegan Maple Dragon Bowl
Main-Course Salads / Recipes with Maple Syrup / Recipes with Maple Water / Tofu and Legumes
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 cup pure NAPSI-certified maple water (or vegetable broth)
- 1 block tempeh or firm tofu, cut into triangles
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and hot
- 1 package of about 2,5 oz sunflower sprouts
- 1 red pepper, minced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
Maple Dragon Sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- In a bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, and maple water.
- Place the tempeh or tofu triangles in a saucepan and cover with the maple mixture. Simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes or until the liquid is almost evaporated.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, cook the quinoa according to package instructions (10 – 15 minutes) and keep warm.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Divide the quinoa into four bowls, and top with the tempeh, sunflower sprouts, pepper, and avocado. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Pour Dragon Sauce over all or serve it on the side in a small sauce boat or decorative bowl.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!