- 1 tbsp neutral gelatin (made to bloom the day before)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 basket of strawberries (about 300 g [2 cups])
- 1/3 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup fine maple sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 1 1/2 cup maple water
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 6 stems of fresh mint
- The day before, bloom the gelatin in the water, melt in the microwave, and refrigerate.
- On preparation day, blitz the strawberries very lightly in a food processor, keeping some pieces intact.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the maple sugar, then add the strawberries, maple syrup, and the gelatin (that’s been melted in the microwave at medium strength for a few seconds). Mix gently.
- Place in serving bowls and put into fridge to set for 2 – 3 hours.
- Heat the maple water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Put in the mint, cover, and let steep for 8 minutes. Serve the compote with this maple-mint infusion.
INFUSION TIME: 8 minutes
REFRIGERATION: 2 – 3 hours
KEEPS FOR: The compote, covered, will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
SERVING SUGGESTION: This compote and infusion also goes nicely with a maple cookie (recipe from our chef-ambassador Nancy Samson available on this website).
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!