Bircher Muesli with Strawberries, Almonds and Maple
Porridge / Recipes with Maple Syrup / Yogurt and Parfaits
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a bowl, soak the oats in the apple juice for 12 hours or overnight.
- Stir in the cottage cheese, yogurt and maple syrup.
- Add the apple and half of the strawberries, and gently mix in.
- Divide between two dessert glasses.
- Garnish with the rest of the strawberries and sliced almonds.
Bircher muesli is a popular Swiss breakfast dish made famous by Dr. Bircher-Benner in the early 1900s. This version is far from that sold on supermarket shelves, but rather a sweet and creamy treat that is perfect as breakfast fuel after a workout. With more than 20 g of protein and 60 g of carbohydrates, tucking into a bowl of maple muesli 30 minutes after a workout will ensure a speedy recovery. Per portion: 382 calories; 22 g protein; 6 g fat; 63 g carbohydrates; 6 g fibre.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!