- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably very dark syrup for its strong flavour)
- Assorted fruits (apple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, nectarines, etc.)
- Cut up granulated maple sugar and Maple syrup
- Start by making a maple pastry cream.
- In a round-bottomed bowl, cream together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk, the flour and beat thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat remaining milk with the maple syrup.
- Pour this mixture over the egg yolks, beating constantly. Pour back into sauce pan and heat over medium heat until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Refrigerate.
- To serve, decorate the centre of each plate with pastry cream using a pastry bag.
- Arrange fresh fruit on plates, sprinkle with granulated maple sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve with assorted fancy cookies, if desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!