- 2 endives
- 1 lettuce (loose-leaf or romaine)
- 1 apple
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 1 or 2 mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, whole
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry lettuce. Removes endive leaves and set aside.
- Halve the apple, remove the core and slice.
- Mix the apple slices with raisins and lemon juice.
- Add segments of the peeled mandarin oranges, lettuce, endive leaves, onion rings, yellow or red pepper and cashew nuts.
- Sprinkle with the maple vinaigrette and serve.
- Mix salt, pepper and mustard. Add vinegar and mix well to dissolve the salt.
- Add oil and maple syrup. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!