Maple Oatmeal Cookies
Cookies and Galettes / Recipes with Maple Sugar / Recipes with Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Using a mixer, beat the margarine and Greek yogurt together in a bowl with the maple sugar and maple syrup until the mixture turns pale and slightly frothy.
- Add the eggs one by one, then the vanilla and continue mixing until smooth. In another bowl, combine the flour, powdered milk, oats and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture and mix until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the cranberries and mix in using a wooden spoon.
- Shape into balls of about 60 ml (1/4 cup) and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You may need to bake in two batches depending on quantity. Flatten the balls with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 or until the cookies turn a light golden colour. The cookies will finish cooking out of the oven.
- Allow to cool completely.
What better way to finish off a strenuous workout than nibbling on a delicious cookie? With its combination of carbohydrates and protein, this treat is perfect for recovering after a high intensity workout. Divide the recipe into 24 portions for a lighter snack or for children. For those with a sweet tooth, replace half a cup of cranberries with chocolate chips.
Per biscuit: 329 calories; 10 g protein; 7 g fat; 58 g carbohydrates; 4 g fibre.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!