- 3 medium pink grapefruit
- Water, as needed
- 3 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz dark 70% chocolate
- Maple flakes
- Divide each grapefruit into 8 sections.
- Gently remove the peels. Keep the fruit flesh for later use.
- Use a thin blade knife, remove and discard the white membrane, then cut the peels in two.
- In a large casserole, poach the peels in water for 30 minutes, drain them and put back in the casserole.
- Add maple syrup and water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and gently simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours, until the peels become translucent.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Drain the peels in a strainer.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and coat half of the peels in it.
- Transfer them onto waxed paper and sprinkle with maple flakes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!