- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Empire or Cortland apple, grated with skin on
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 leaves of Boston lettuce
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the omelette except the cheese.
- Oil a 20-cm (8-in) non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 of the egg mixture, sprinkle 1/4 of grated Cheddar cheese, and then cook until the omelette is cooked and lightly browned.
- Using a spatula, roll the omelette on itself and transfer it to a plate. Repeat to get three more omelettes. Leave the omelettes to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface. Cover each tortilla with an omelette, then garnish with ham and lettuce. Roll the tortillas and wrap in parchment paper.
Resting time: 10 minutes
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!