Maple Water Miso Soup with Tofu and Vegetables
Recipes with Maple Syrup / Recipes with Maple Water / Soups / Thick Soups
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1 cup soft tofu, cubed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups pure NAPSI-certified maple water
- 3 tbsp brown miso
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- In a bowl, gently mix the tofu with the maple syrup and 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the soy sauce. Place in fridge.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sauté the ginger, garlic, onion, and the shiitakes in the oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the maple water, miso, and remaining soy sauce. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the miso. Add the marinated tofu and the green onions. Adjust the seasoning and serve very hot.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!