- 2 lemons
- 3 cups peeled and diced pears
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour) or 180 ml (3/4 cup) maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1 vanilla pod
- Put the peel of two lemons in a medium size casserole and cover with water. Bring to a boil, pour through a sieve and scoop out the cooked peel. Pour out the water. Repeat these steps twice.
- In the same casserole, combine the peel, juice of two lemons, the pears, maple syrup or maple sugar, ground nutmeg and the contents of 1 vanilla pod.
- Mix, bring to a boil and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until the syrup and lemon juice mixture has thickened. Skim using a spoon whenever necessary.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal as for canning or keep in the fridge for faster consumption.
Energy : 81 calories* Protein : 0.1 g* Carbohydrates: 20 g* Fats: 0.1 g* Good source of magnesium* Per serving of 30 ml (2 tablespoons)
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!